Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gino Rea retakes the championship lead at Magny Cours

Gino Rea and Ten Kate Honda had a great outcome at Magny Cours (October 4, 2009) finishing second in a hard fought race and retaking the lead in the WSBK Superstock 600 championship.



Arai racer Gino, 20, enters the last race of the season at Portimao, Portugal, on October 25 with a three point lead in the championship.

In Gino's words:


"Magny Cours went pretty much to plan and we have come out leading the Superstock 600 championship. The start of my race didn’t go how I wanted it to, I was a little eager and pushed a bit too much in the first couple of laps, I ended up going backwards to eighth place,"
said the Londoner.

"I regrouped and settled down but was having small problems with my clutch, I made my way back up to the front and finished the race in second. It was perfect for my championship, I lead by three points and the final race is Portimao. Last year I won there, so I hope I can have the same success and clinch the championship title this year."


Keep up with Gino at www.ginorea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment