Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Leon Haslam - This feels great!

LEON HASLAM, ALSTARE SUZUKI
Race 1: First
Race 2: Second
Championship Position: 1st






“THIS FEELS GREAT!”
Leon Haslam recorded his first ever World Superbike win in the first race of this year’s World Championship at Phillip Island. He led from start to finish and took the flag, just 4000ths-of-a-second ahead of Michel Fabrizio (Ducati). His win in race one and runner-up spot in the second puts him on the very top of the Superbike World Championship, nine points ahead of his nearest rival.

“I am so happy to get my first WSBK win and it feels great! I want to thank the team for having faith in me. The first race was such hard work and it was impossible to relax for a second. I realised that Fabrizio was in my wheel tracks going into the last turn and would try and use the draft to get past me, but I kept my head down and charged to the flag. I was so unbelievably happy to win and it was such a fantastic feeling. In race two, I had some problems with rear traction but still thought I could win. I had a great fight with Sylvain but I finally got ahead of him and made it stick. Then suddenly, Carlos was there – he dived under me just three corners from the end, on the last lap. I tried to get him back but he managed to hold me off and take the flag. It feels good to take a win and a second in my first race with the team and it feels fantastic to be leading the Championship.”

Congratulations to Leon and the rest of the Arai riders, from all at Phoenix distribution, official UK importers of Arai

www.whyarai.co.uk
www.phoenixnw.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment